Mount Vernon Tennis Club
Rules & Regulations
During school term Seniors can play from 6.30pm
During school holidays all members have equal rights (30 minutes per court until 6.30pm)
Seniors have priority between 1pm and 4.30pm and from 6.30pm on Saturdays and Sundays apart from matches and club tournaments
Seniors must play their championship ties in senior time
Singles must take up doubles at all times
No member may introduce a visitor to the courts more than 4 times in one year and no guest may play more than 4 times in a season
Court time for bounce games - 30 minutes
This year we have also introduced the Big Arrow! Due to some courts being used more than others the committee decided to introduce the Big Arrow to spread the play more evenly between the three courts. The arrow will be placed on the back fence and anyone coming round to play should first use the court to which the arrow is over.
If arrow is on Court 1, it should be used first, followed by Court 2, then 3.
If arrow is on Court 2, it should be used first followed by Court 3, then 1.
If arrow is on Court 3, it should be used first, followed by Court 1, then 2.
INTERMEDIATES and JUNIORS
- During school term Intermediates and Juniors will have priority on courts between 3pm and 6.30pm
- During school holidays all members have equal rights (1/2 hour per court until 6.30pm)
- Singles must make up doubles at all times
- After 6.30pm Intermediates and Juniors may play if the courts are free, but must vacate the courts if Seniors are waiting
- Intermediates and Juniors may play between 1pm and 4.30pm and after 6.30pm on Saturdays and Sundays, if Seniors members are not waiting to play and apart from matches and club tournaments
- Intermediates and Juniors cannot bring visitors to the club at any time
- Court time for bounce games - 30 minutes
- Intermediates and Juniors must wear their club shoe tag at all times or else they will be asked to vacate the courts
MEMBERS PLAYING ON COURTS DURING TEAM MATCHES
- If court 1 or 3 is the only court finishing their match please ask permission from the opposing team at an appropriate time and leave court 2 vacant
- If court 2 is finishing their match please wait until the match is finished before going on to any court
- All team captains should confirm this with the opposition before the commencement of the game